By: Marcus Fabrics
We love Mugrugs! And who doesn’t? They’re a quick and easy, practical and useful project. And if a quick Google search for images of Mugrugs is any indication, we’re not alone! Sized just right for your favorite beverage, a spoon, and a small snack, they’re somewhere between a placemat and a coaster, the perfect pop of fiber art for any tabletop, nightstand or desk. So we asked the Marcus design team, aka the Marcus Makers, to design mugrugs as the basis for our exciting new Challenge! Recreate one of those, submit your own design, or make one from a commercial pattern. You might even find inspiration from indivudla blocks of a favorite quilt pattern. Help us to create a movement, and “A Marcus Rug for Every Mug!”. You might even win a weekly mug-and-fabric prize!
- WHAT: Mugrug Challenge featuring Marcus and Studio 37 Fabrics
Participants can stitch an original design, a commercial design, or choose to recreate the Mugrug of their favorite Marcus Maker(s).
Free projects for these will be available online at MarcusFabrics.com and Studio37Fabrics.com. Entries must contain a recognizable amount of a Marcus or Studio 37 fabric. Other fabrics may also be used.
The finished Mugrug must be a MAXIMUM size of 9” x 9”. This allows for rectangular, square, hexie or round shapes, etc. — as long as it measures no more than 9” x 9”.
- WHEN: Launching on Wednesday February 1, 2017, running through April 30, 2017
- WHERE: Participants will post their “Mugshots” on Instagram using #MarcusMugshot,
and tagging @marcusfabrics and/or @studio37fabrics
(Or email to email@example.com)
- PROMOTION: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and the MarcusMentions.com blog,
MarcusFabrics.com and Studio37Fabrics.com
- PRIZES: Each Wednesday morning during the Challenge we’ll choose and announce random winners from the posted entries to win fabric prizes. Marcus designers will also share in the posting of the winning entries throughout that week to keep momentum going.
- THE GOAL: “A Marcus Rug for Every Mug!”
- MORE: Check local participating quilt shops for More Marcus Mugrug Mania!!